Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mountain-Standard Time

I came up to NorthStar for New Year's and planned to return home on Monday, but somehow I got waylaid. It is beautiful and relaxing here, even if there is no snow.  Best of all, the internet is fast so I have been able to work from here.  Therefore, when Marie suggested we stay a couple more days, I couldn't say no. (Plus, it meant I could wait a couple more days before cleaning all the bathrooms and locking everything up at my dad's place... doesn't take much to convince me to put off those chores!)

For work, I have been interfacing with groups of people in India, Europe, and the Philippines which has meant getting up early for 5 AM or 6 AM calls, then staying up late for 9 PM or 10 PM calls.  It makes for a long day.  And this afternoon it dawned on me -- why am I working on their time zones instead of the other way around?  I have decided to create my own timezone.  I am going to call it Mountain-TMS timezone.  The business day runs from 6 AM to 10 AM, and then ends and starts again from 4 PM to 10 PM.  The time in between is for skiing, sort of like a First-World siesta break.  Hmm, it's 10 AM now.  Quitting time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment