Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Mobile Office

I am enroute to Boston to check up on Marie, who broke her arm while snowboarding a couple days ago.  She apparently attempted to cartwheel down the hill but her puny little arms couldn’t handle the torque.  You’d think someone who got an A in Physics at MIT would have known better. 
Since this trip was unexpected, I have had to bring along my work with me, and thank goodness today’s modern planes are fully equipped.  I am flying Virgin Atlantic, which offers wifi (slightly faster than dial up internet) and power ports on all flights.  I arrived first to my row and quickly snagged both power ports. I would share, if asked.  But so far no one has asked.  I guess I am the only workaholic.  The other woman in my row is reading and also watching Oprah on the free satellite TV.  At least she gets the multi-tasking thing. 
I have answered  or sent about 20 emails so far, and am trying to get up enough nerve to log onto Skype to try to make a call.  That might be pushing things a little too far.  There is no one sitting next to me, so I have already claimed that real estate, laying out my files and using the extra seat's tray table for my supplies and coffee.  Haha!  I just got an idea!  Maybe I should offer to pay the woman in my row to do some admin work for me?  She might be able to earn enough to cover the cost of her flight!  But then again, she might get economy class syndrome while working and file a worker's comp claim against me.  I guess I'll just keep to my side of the row for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment