Wednesday, May 25, 2011

For Whom the Bell Tolls


Cavtat is a quaint little town with all the quaint little things that make it picture perfect.  Like this bell tower, for example.  A small village with a village church, complete with bell tower.  How idyllic.  How charming.  How picturesque.  HOW HORRIFYING!


I am not quite sure for whom the bell tolls, but toll it does!  I lost count at 50 times, but you will forgive me because I was a tad drowsy, given that it was only 6 AM in the morning.  Just in case anyone in town or the surrounding 50 villages missed the first call to revelé,   the bell sounded 40 times again inexplicably at 6:53 AM.  And like the annoying snooze button on the alarm clock that you can’t seem to disengage, it rang again at 7 AM, this time with 7 gongs to sound the hour.  And again at 7:30 AM -1 gong for the half hour.  Ahh the joys of provincial life!  8 AM is approaching and I wait in eager anticipation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment